If you have a MEDICAL EMERGENCY or MEDICAL QUESTION, please call the office at (301) 762-5501 to leave a message for your provider.
The following is a useful checklist for times when you need to call the doctor.
- Be available to speak with the doctor. You are the best person to describe your problem.
- Please get to the point of your call quickly. There may be a number of other calls we need to return and patients in labor.
- Detail your problem and symptoms. It often helps to write yourself notes so you do not forget something important. If you think you have a fever, check it with a thermometer. We will need to know how high it is and how long it has been present.
- Have your pharmacy phone number at hand in case we need to send a prescription.
- Be aware we do not call in prescription renewals after hours.
- Do not have a block on your phone line. Most of our personal phone numbers are unlisted and we will not be able to return your call if there is a block on your phone.